Motor Control with Wheel Encoder Feedback
- Unmatched Versatility
- Programming in English. "No Codes."
- 6 Months Memory Retention Without Power
- Electronic Air Pressure Control
- Programmable Slope Synthesizer
- 3 Phase Line Voltage Compensator
- 140 Weld Schedules Data Retention
- Multiple Foot Switch Pedal Operation
- Program Integrity Under Key Control
- Data Storage on PC
- Serial Interface to Other Computers
- Interface With Automation Equipment
- Intertron Scanner
- Optional 9 Channel Data Aquisition System Model 304A
Welder controller cabinet with locking key, and containing the following:
- 1 Monolithic front panel with a display of 68 digits and touch keypads with visual tactile feedback.
- 1 Display front panel printed circuit board.
- 1 Processor printed circuit board, containing the microprocessor, associated memory with battery backup, parallel and serial I/O ports, variable baud rate, cassette interface circuits, visual INPUT/OUTPUT diagnostics, computer memory diagnostics, independent 3 phase line voltage monitoring and compensation, and the voltage generators for programming WELD and FORGE pressure.
- 1 Peripheral interface printed circuit board, containing the internal power supplies, the solid state relays for valve solenoid operation, the INTERTRON tranceiver, and the SCR/IGNITRON pulse amplifiers.
Physical Dimensions: 12 1/4"h x 20 1/2"w x 6 1/2"d
Weight: 24 lbs.
Operating temperature: 0 to 60 degrees Centigrade
Input voltage and power consumption: 220/240/440/480 VAC 60HZ - 15 watts
Fixed timing functions, Tip travel 20 cycles, Precompression 4 cycles
Variable timing functions:
SQUEEZE - 0-99
PREHEAT Imp. - Cool - Heat - Heat % - Heat decay - Heat decay % - 0-99
WELD Imp. - Cool - Heat - Heat % - Heat decay - Heat decay % - 0-99
POST HEAT Imp. - Cool - Heat - Heat % - Heat decay - Heat decay % - 0-99
QUENCH - 0-99
TEMPER Imp. - Cool - Heat - Heat % - Heat decay - Heat decay % - 0-99
HOLD - 2-99
OFF - 0-99
FORGE: Hi - Low - Var. Delay Start 000.0-999.9
Weld & Forge psi display: 00-99
Operating Modes: SPOT - SEAM - ROLL (intermittent drive)
- Weld/No Weld, Repeat/One Shot, Tip/Wheel Dress, Foot Switch Lock, Motor ON and 110VAC/30VA Outputs for controlling up to seven valve solenoids and relays
- Water Saver Timer. Shuts itself off when head is raised.
- Tip Arc Relay Control
- Two Stage Foot Switch Inputs, direct connection up to four foot pedals
- Interrupt input to halt control and sound internal alarm if detects overheating, no water flow, or lack of adequate air pressure. (Detection devices not included.)
- Line Voltage Compensator manual override
- Programmable Slope in all three modes for generating complex heat waveforms
- Weld schedule program under keylock. (Operator can vary % heat ±5% of previous heat setting.)
- Internal switch (jumper) selects Frequency Converter of Full Wave Rectified D.C. operation.
- Thumbwheel switch for instantaneous selection of 140 preprogrammed weld schedules, with all variables parameters as viewed on the front panel
Standard components supplied with each system:
- Welder controller cabinet
- Power distribution transformer
- Ignitron firing modules, or SCR firing modules
Optional Features and Components
RS 232 download, store and edit weld schedules on PC
Electronic Air Pressure Controller model 350A with dual output, for supplying pilot air pressure to WELD and FORGE air pressure regulators
Operating range: 05 psi to 90 psi
Resolution and Accuracy: ±0.5 psi
Physical dimensions: 10"h x 3"w x 10"l
Weight: 14 lbs.
Input air pressure: 120 psi typical
Interlock Scanner. It interlocks the operation of up to ten controllers per scanner for sequential welding.
Interface for control from central computer
SCR firing package
IGNITRON firing package
Motor control with wheel surface speed encoder feedback
Model 304A Data Aquisition System
Electronic Air Pressure Controller